Friday, February 5, 2010

Preparations Munrobagging Scotland April

In April I've planned a nice holiday in the Scottish mountains. I'm already started a few weeks ago with the preparations. This will be the... I really don't know anymore but I think the 15th time that I've been in Scotland but this time it will be a very special one. I'm not going just to climb and munrobagging but I'm planning to make long and exhausting walks.
The great thing of Munrobagging is not only the walking or the fact of being in Scotland but it starts already here in Holland where I've plenty of information on my desk and on my computer about Scotland and in particular the Munros. GPS tracks, maps, YouTube video's, the Munro Magic website, and so on! I listen to Wolfstone and some times I nip at a little glass of Scottish Whisky and there I am... the Scottish Highlands!



In April I will start at Glen Shiel just to warm up my legs: Sgurr Fhuaran (for the second time), Sgurr na Carnach and Sgurr na Ciste Duibhe. After that the other Glen Shiel Munros: Saileag, Sgurr a'Bhealaich Dheirg, Aonach Mheadhoin and Ciste Dhubh. If I have the time maybe I will enjoy also the beautyfull The Saddle and Sgurr na Sgine.
After the Glen Shiel Munros and depending of the weather I will try to attend the whole Cuillins range in one day! I've got a good video of the traverse thanks to David Galsworthy of BigWalksClub Scotland and the best guide on paper written by Andy Hyslop!
After that I wil take just a day rest at Fort Williams so that I'm ready to walk the whole Mamores range in one day (9 munros). I've studied the ridge with the Google Earth 3-d views and it looks awesome and with an exceptional beauty!
I really can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment